Effective date of this notice: 05/25/18
If you have questions about this notice, please contact the person listed under “Whom to Contact” at the end of this notice.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Clinical Reference Laboratory is a laboratory located in the United States and England specializing in clinical and toxicology testing for insurers, employers, global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as healthcare providers. We provide laboratory testing in support of corporate wellness programs, drugs of abuse testing programs, insurance risk assessment, and global clinical trials.
We receive information you provided on your consent form or chain or custody when you provide blood, urine, or saliva sample(s) for laboratory testing relating to your:
1) Application for insurance;
2) Employment/pre-employment drug testing;
3) Participation in a pharmaceutical study;
4) Participation in a corporate wellness program;
5) Testing ordered by your doctor.
The information you provide may include your: name, date of birth, Social Security Number (or other identifying number), address, phone number, email address, height, weight, blood pressure, and medications. In addition, through testing of your sample, we obtain your laboratory test results.
We will only disclose as much information as is necessary for the purpose.
We may use or disclose your health information for any purpose that is listed in this notice without your written authorization. We will not use or disclose your health information for any other reason without your authorization. You have the right to:
1. Request for Restrictions on Use & Disclosure You may not revoke an authorization for us to use and disclose your information to the extent that we have taken action in reliance on the authorization. If the authorization permits disclosure of your information to an insurance company, as a condition of obtaining coverage, other law may allow the insurer to continue to use your information to contest claims or your coverage, even after you have revoked the authorization. You have the right to ask us to restrict how we use or disclose your health information. We will consider your request. If we do agree, we will comply with the request unless the information is needed to provide you with emergency treatment. We cannot agree to restrict disclosures that are required by law. You have the right to request information not be provided to your health plan if you have paid for services in full.
2. Request to Confidential Communications
3. Request to Inspect Protected Health Information and receive a copy of your information.
4. Request for Amendment of Health Information
5. Request for Accounting of Disclosures
6. To File a Complaint
We will retain your personal data in accordance with applicable law or contract as is required.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices, as described in this notice, at any time. We reserve the right to apply these changes to any health information which we already have, as well as to health information we receive in the future. Before we make any change in the privacy practices described in this notice, we will write a new notice that includes the change. We will post the new notice at www.crlcorp.com/noticeofprivacypractices. The new notice will include an effective
For more information about this notice, our privacy policies, to exercise any of your rights, as listed on this notice, or if you want to request a hardcopy of our current notice of privacy practices, contact:
Clinical Reference Laboratory, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
8433 Quivira Road
Lenexa, KS 66215
In the United States, you may also file a complaint directly with the:
Secretary – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Room 509F HHH Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20201
CRL is compliant with the EU-EU Privacy Shield. You may find our Privacy Statement at:
File a Complaint
In the European Union, you may also file with the Supervisory Authority in the Member State where you live.
Transfers of your personal data to third countries
In pharmaceutical testing we may transfer your sample for testing to a CRL partner regional lab. Your personal data is de-identified unless the personal data is needed as part of the study. If personal data is needed, it will only be transferred in accordance with appropriate safeguards which meet the General Data Protection Regulation requirements.